Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

Page 4 of 16

Think of all the starving plant. The plants need carbon dioxide, to live. By reducing the carbon dioxide output, plants will wither and die.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Isn't part of the reason for the increase in carbon dioxide levels that we've cut down so many trees? IOW, there's more than enough carbon dioxide around to support the remaining plants.
Perce
Oh, bother. Another liberal educated drone bee. "we've cut down so many trees". I would imagine that you also think that mankind caused the hole in the ozone over the south pole.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

yep we probably have....
cleaner air is better for EVERYONE!

Of course we caused it. Remember the time Fred Flintstone bombed the dinosaurs (and missed) with that nuclear weapon?
On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:49:27 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@burditt.org (Gordon Burditt) wrote:

How about the sheep?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
FX9rviEhw
And increased the number of corrective lenses by 150%
I had a few of these LED PAR30 bulbs in my hand a week ago. The prices were outrageous and the lumen output was so pathetic I would have to install triple the fixtures to be able to watch TV with them on. IIRC the largest was 11 Watts and put out about 530 lumens??? Compare this to a 23 Watt CFL (Not PAR30) putting out 1200 lumens.

11 watts gives 530 lumens versus 23 watts gives 1200? Do the math, dopey. Sounds like DOUBLE the fixtures would give you 22 watts and 1060 lumens with the particular LED's you are whining about.
When will you be coming over to install another pot light then?

I'm not interested in the job. Mostly because if you offer me $150, your deficient math skills will result in a check for $100. You will of course, insist that it is really $150.

Isn't it time for the troll to change his nick again?
You been using this one for a long...long time now. Almost.... 21 posts? Some kind of record for you, no?
BTW: Your interlaced posting mixed in with other styles makes you almost unintelligeible. That and your amazing math skills makes you almost a bozo bin candidate.
Stick to the oar myth, it seems more plausible, in this group, anyway.

Wow, you really are math challenged. I've been using this nick for several years and thousands of posts.
So, now you are stalking me?
22

Your IQ?
You really are clueless

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 06:23:23 -0500, salty wrote:

Just how do your extraordinary skills with higher mathematics show that double the fixtures provide enough light if he thinks he needs a minimum of 1200 lumens?
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:08:25 GMT, Charles Sullivan

Try again when you are able to state your challenge accurately and fairly. You haven't even come close with this feeble attempt.
It was actually a trick sentence without the word "minimum" found anywhere.
When you are a cheap troll, you need to bend the context and meaning of sentences a lot to make your argument seem valid. Sometimes people reach down into the facts, for a troll, and come up empty handed and have to, just plain, make up shit.

What I don't understand is why LEDs are so excellent in flashlights (the 3W Task Force light kicks a Mag-Lite's ass BTW) bike head/taillights, truck taillights and traffic lights but it is so difficult to find good ones for home lighting and/or retrofitting into car taillights?
nate
Stormin Mormon wrote:

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.