Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

Exactly. That is why it is so important to go with thw top posting standard your browser was designed to provide.

If people really wanted clarity they wouldn't spam every group with a long advertising signature that confuses all the threading techniques, no matter which one is used.

That said, isn't this meta-thread getting a bit long and silly?

Reply to
Josepi

Welcome to my killfile, dumbass.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

PLONK for unremitting idiocy

Reply to
salty

One person, with one PC won't show on your one PC in one home, some where in the world. And, so, you tell the entire list about how one PC's messages won't show up on one other PC.

Seems like a waste of typing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Perhaps so, but someone who top posts, does not use quoting conventions, gets all defensive when this is pointed out to him, and refers to a "newsreader" as a "browser" deserves at least a dope slap. Since I'm way too lazy to figure out where he lives and travel there to administer said dope slap in person, I have to settle for something easier.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Something we said?

Was it the signature link spamming the group or your Thunderbird "browser" you are "getting all defensive" about?

LOL

Perhaps so, but someone who top posts, does not use quoting conventions, gets all defensive when this is pointed out to him, and refers to a "newsreader" as a "browser" deserves at least a dope slap. Since I'm way too lazy to figure out where he lives and travel there to administer said dope slap in person, I have to settle for something easier.

nate

Reply to
Josepi

Get some real lights on that boat and a decent news browser so you can understand what you are reading.

LOL

Reply to
Josepi

Oh, a nymshift, how clever. Get a life.

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Oh, and if you *insist* on using Outhouse Express, at least configure it properly. And it's a "mail client" acting as a "newsreader" not a "browser," you f****it.

Nate Nagel

I wouldn't have seen this if you hadn't responded to the twit. My filter is working, and nym shifting won't get Joesepathetic around it.

Reply to
salty

I wouldn't have seen this if you hadn't responded to the twit. My filter is working, and nym shifting won't get Josepawesome around it.

Reply to
Josephi

What are you, five?

Oh, and you're replying to the salty dog, not YT. So apparently can you not only quote correctly, but you can't follow attributions correctly, either.

(installs new, mo' betta filters)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Are you sure you are Salty Dog? Do you always answer posts to somebody else and then complain about it?

That and your bottom posted spam message tells it all about your logic capabilties...LOL I will set my news browser to leave it in so you can actually see it in your grade two "Reader"

Oh, and you're replying to the salty dog, not YT. So apparently can you not only quote correctly, but you can't follow attributions correctly, either.

(installs new, mo' betta filters)

replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.

replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.

Josephi wrote: Really?

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 10:52:23 -0500, Nate Nagel wrote: I wouldn't have seen this if you hadn't responded to the twit. My filter is working, and nym shifting won't get Josepawesome around it.

Reply to
Josepi

Just set your filters. (including the one in your head that when it sees a post that is obviously from someone you don't think is worth reading, it moves your eyes down the page to the next post)

My filters have caught them all so far and set them marked as read. If one should be missed, it won't matter, as I am the final filter.

Nymshifting is the obvious mark of a troll. Simply ignore the simpleton and move on.

Reply to
salty

Simply install two lighting systems, and use the appropriate switches in summer or winter. Even better, automate the system so that the same switches will power the correct set of fixtures based on the outside temperature. (That makes it on topic for an automation news group.)

Now, for a question... I installed a 4 inch recessed light for an accent over a statue. I'd like to find an LED light that can screw into the fixture, and that has a focused light beam so that it will limit illumination to the statue. Ant suggestions?

-- Jim

Reply to
JimH

Walmart just introduced a line of LED lamps at cheaper prices than I have seen, so far. There was about a dozen different bulbs, I saw. The largest was 5 watts in a PAR38.

Now, for a question... I installed a 4 inch recessed light for an accent over a statue. I'd like to find an LED light that can screw into the fixture, and that has a focused light beam so that it will limit illumination to the statue. Ant suggestions?

-- Jim

Josepi wrote: LOL. Yup, economic OCD is difficult.

Reply to
Josepi

Walmart just introduced a line of LED lamps at cheaper prices than I have seen, so far. There was about a dozen different bulbs, I saw. The largest was 5 watts in a PAR38.

Now, for a question... I installed a 4 inch recessed light for an accent over a statue. I'd like to find an LED light that can screw into the fixture, and that has a focused light beam so that it will limit illumination to the statue. Ant suggestions?

-- Jim

Josepi wrote: LOL. Yup, economic OCD is difficult.

Reply to
Josepi

I see the guy recommends "QuoteFix" which is what I used years ago when I had Outlook Express as my newsreader. I don't understand why so many people are resistant to bottom posting and following Usenet conventions. Some folks are just contrary.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I don't mind top or bottom posting as long as I can figure out to whom I am responding. I usually snip all except the comments to which I am replying. I also like to leave just the person's name unless his sig itself is germain to my comment.

I hope that you are not referring to my own sig. I put enough info in it that people will know who I am and that I am in the alarm and home automation trade. There's a commercial side to that of course, but it's also fair to the reader be up front about it. Fair enough?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I agree with that. I prefer posting below the message (or relevant part if my reply applies only to part of the post) AND snipping enough the reply is visible without scrolling. I find neither top posting nor bottom posting nearly as bad as some of the nasty complaints people make about it.

As far as I can tell, your sig is formatted correctly and not too long. It's at the bottom of the message, where (regardless of reply location) the sig separator causes the proper action (sig is excluded from being quoted).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd