Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

Page 11 of 16

Don Klipstein wrote:

I've been using Thunderbird as a newsreader for a while now and it does everything I want it to do. I don't use it for Email because all my Email accounts are web based, like G-mail, Hotmail, etc.
TDD

As in supposedly understand what is posted by you by using your idea of a browser, as opposed to easily understanding what most others post because I use news software and I am used to the conventions of Usenet?

"Josepi" wrote:

I don't mind top or bottom posting as long as I can figure out to whom I am responding. I usually snip all except the comments to which I am replying. I also like to leave just the person's name unless his sig itself is germain to my comment.

I hope that you are not referring to my own sig. I put enough info in it that people will know who I am and that I am in the alarm and home automation trade. There's a commercial side to that of course, but it's also fair to the reader be up front about it. Fair enough?
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

I agree with that. I prefer posting below the message (or relevant part if my reply applies only to part of the post) AND snipping enough the reply is visible without scrolling. I find neither top posting nor bottom posting nearly as bad as some of the nasty complaints people make about it.

As far as I can tell, your sig is formatted correctly and not too long. It's at the bottom of the message, where (regardless of reply location) the sig separator causes the proper action (sig is excluded from being quoted).

Mark Lloyd
"Mark Lloyd" wrote:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." -- Apostle Paul
I like Jodie Foster. She's an incredibly talented actress. But for instruction in matters as important as the existence (or not) of God I'm not sure she's your best bet.
Merry Christmas, Mark.
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Faith is a good thing. The above doesn't refer to faith, but to "magical thinking", a quality of small children and those who fail to grow up.

Strange that you would assume I was using quotations for instruction.
Here's another that's not at all for that purpose:
god is real - unless declared integer
As to God, consider the difference between it and Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, Zeus, Last Thursday's Cat, The Great Pumpkin, and millions of other mythical beings.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
"Mark Lloyd" wrote:

It's an interesting quandary. Jodie says that there is no evidence that she can see and therefore she does not believe. Christianity teaches that faith *is* the evidence of things unseen. :^)
Your choice of words is excellent. According to Christian beliefs, we're supposed to have "faith like a little child."

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were taking her comments as instruction.

That one's over my head. :^)

I have considered the difference. Here's my take on it: 1. Santa and friends are indeed mythical beings. They will always be myths no matter how many children believe in them. 2. God is real if you believe. 3. If you don't believe in God, you will never know God.
I'm no Biblical scholar but I've found this much evidence of God. It is in the making choice to believe -- the decision to accept on faith that which is unseen -- that one proves God's existence.
One tough part of that is it only proves it to the one who chooses to believe. I can't prove it to you, only to me. To know for sure you have to make your own choice. As much as it works for me, I can't insist that you believe. I would be foolish to try to "convince" you or anyone else for that matter. It's something you decide for yourself. Besides, it's important to me to respect your right not to believe.
--

Regards,
Robert

Same exact thing applies to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
Certainly puts things into perspective and formulates opinions, quickly. OK, your LEDs are great, now. LOL
[...]

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 08:58:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Santa is OK.
Although if this happened:
"There's a worldwide organization of Santa believers with at least one chapter in every town, where they sing songs about how awful they are and how all good things come from Santa. The "True Santaists" are always going around, disturbing people, and pushing the "One True Santa" on people 365 (500?) days a year. They're insinuating themselves into the national government, making them spend billions of dollars of tax money on "Santa indoctrination centers" (with nicer-sounding names, but really just as bad), insisting on putting "We Love Santa" on legal documents we're all required to have, spreading anti-intellectual Santaist ideas and telling lies about our country and its history (like "This is a Santaist Nation"). They're insisting we all worship Santa at the beginning of all meetings and public events."
THAT would be bad.
Ever notice "Satan" and "Santa" have very similar spellings using the same letters?
[...]
Josepi wrote:

Just like dog and God. Since God can do anything, I wonder if he can lick his........ never mind, My first grade teacher, Sister Godzilla would come back from the grave and bop me on the head if I finished that question.
TDD

They switched to LED lighting? Well, that's good news.
--

Regards,
Robert

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 10:30:15 -0500, "Robert L Bass"

They had to. The heat from the incandescent lights was melting the illusion :-)
BTW, Heaven has been lit with LEDs since March 13, 1777.
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 04:53:54 -0500, "Robert L Bass"

And never grow up. Growing up would be inconsistent with Christian teaching.

OK, although I do wonder why people make that assumption.

Actually it depends on some specialized knowledge, about computer programming. If you understand it, it's funny. If you don't understand it, don't worry about it. I know what it means, and found it an interesting thing to include in my list of quotations.

And God will always be a myth no matter hop many people believe in him. Where's the evidence of any difference here?

Of course, it's real. A very real part of your imagination (The same way Santa and the others are real if you believe). What would be wrong would be the idea that somehow YOU control the external reality that all people depend on.
Also, I can see my cat right here. There's no need for (the non-serious form of) belief, as there is for God.

Most likely true, considering what and where God is.

Do you really think there's evidence in there? You said "that which is unseen". Of course, unseen things can be real. Where is the evidence to suggest this one is? Where is the evidence that even a little bit useful to anyone who could use it?
That "evidence" no more points to God than to Last Thursday's Cat*.

Notice the only people this "proof" works on is those who don't need it. That's one of the characteristics of a scam.

To me belief is something serious, "wanting" has nothing to do with it. That would be fantasy, not belief. That's a good thing, a personal one. I hope it stays personal. ======== * in case you haven't heard, someone said, "My cat created the universe last Thursday, along with everyone's false memories. There's no way you can prove she didn't.".
BTW, I am not questioning Gods existence, but human behaviors such as belief with no evidence.
BTW2, I have, for a long time, suspected there was something to this "God" thing. I have never found anything, and have never given up.
BTW3, The other reason I get involved in this sort of thing is that I have respect for people, and don't like to see them entangled in these mind-destroying delusions. It's quite stressful so I can't do it very often.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47OC439x88

(messed up interlaced posting left a mess)
wrote:

[...]

========

[snip]
I was feeling depressed until I saw that. All the laughter really helped!
Did you read the comments? Atheists are pissed about it. Good advert fr religious addicts.
wrote:
Athiests are losing constantly to real logic. Here is some proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47OC439x88

Some say it's a comedian not a Christian. It IS funny.