Anyone know where

Page 1 of 2
I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?
Certainly not here.
On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

It happens from time to time. With the stress of recent events, and the mere THOUGHT of limiting gun ownership, collective minds have turned to the Constitution for reassurance. Unless you have a question never asked before, you might be called a moron and told to "Google it".

It's not the questions that annoy some of us. It's all the clueless folks with little or no knowledge of guns and gun laws, that are telling us all how some new law is going to fix things. A personal favorite of mine is the silly notion that banning high capacity magazines is going to make a difference in mass shootings. As soon as someone comes up with that one, it's the sure sign of an ignoramus.
On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 06:03:26 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Sure we all need assault weapons and ammo to shoot faster LOL

So you admit that your position is that since *you* don't think *I* have a "need", you have the right to take away my rights, even though (again, you admit that) restricting *my* rights does nothing to solve your *perceived* problem? Typical leftist nonsense.
On Dec 19, 9:41am, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

More importantly he's apparently one of those that has no knowledge of these weapons. If he did, he'd understand how the very same thing could have been achieved with most of the weapons found in responsible gun owner's homes across the country. How hard for example does he think it would be to do the exact same thing using just the Glock pistol and standard capacity magazines? A Glock that is typical of the tens of millions of pistols in homes, carried legally, etc. And perhaps sine he's using the term "assalut weapon, he can give us the definition, something the rest of the libs that went into hiding have been unable to do.
Don't hold your breath.

If I said the current laws don't need to be changed or modified, would you agree ?

If by "modified" you mean made stricter, *absolutely* I disagree. If you mean that guns should be *easier* to carry, then we can talk. The question is whether you want to fix the problem or play politics with children's corpses.

Why don't you just go back and answer honestly all the questions that were asked you instead of constantly trying to weasel away from them You'd end up being more credible and have a better chance of being taken seriously That is IF you actually want to be taken seriously.
Doug wrote:

Absolutely NOT. There are many gun laws that should be changed and new ones implemented.
* Laws prohibiting guns in school should be scrapped. In fact, most laws probhibiting guns by location (churches, places where alcohol is served, sporting events, etc.) should be eliminated. * Laws requiring registration of guns or their owners should be done away with. * Various state laws that permit discretionary issuance of a concealed hand gun permit should be repealed. The state legislature should establish criteria for such permits and, if an individual meets the requirement, the agency or person granting the license SHALL ISSUE the license. Already 40 states have this in place. * All laws against "open carry" (firearm visible) should be repealed. * Laws mandating a waiting period to complete a purchase should be scrapped.
I could go on and on but you can probably figure out my rationale.
On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 09:41:06 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

Typical BS as usual.

Your depth of knowledge and wisdom on the subject continue to impress us..... Care to define "assault weapon" for us?

From you, absolutely. You continue to refuse to answer the questions. You have the same "answer", no matter what the question.

What you really means is that a) you didn't understand the answer b) It was not the answer you wanted
No one here thinks YOU need anything In particular "assault weapons( whatever you mean by that) and ammo You don't appear mature enough to qualify But JUST BECAUSE YOU do NOT qualify, is not a reason to declare that others either don't need such (undefined assault weapons) or can't have them even if they don't "need" them as per YOUR definition of "need".

You have a request still waiting for an answer. You are anti "assault weapon" so you must have the answer:
Define "assault weapon".
Harry K

You have a request still waiting for an answer. You are anti "assault weapon" so you must have the answer:
Define "assault weapon".
Harry K
Come on, didn't you know, it's a weapon that assaults. After all, it is the weapon, not the person that kills. Now, if we can only control the minds of those weapons, we could reduce crime.

AHA !
Finally a CLEAR definition of "assault weapon"
OOOO boy... That means that I actually have my grandmother's 16" assault deep cast iron frying pan..
I remember when she used it to whack some slightly inebriated dude at a church dinner, who put his hand on her in an inappropriate fashion. She actually slammed it backhanded, bottom-first into his chest. The guy went down hard. As he sat there, she then turned to my grandfather and said with her sweetest voice: "Oh sorry dear, I didn't leave you any.." He looked down at the guy, still huffing for breath on the ground and said: "That's OK dear. There wasn't that much anyway..." A couple of other members showed up by then and literally grabbed the guy under the arms and dragged him, with his heels dragging to the entrance and dumped him on the sidewalk
I think I was about 9 at the time. I never gave her any trouble that I can think of after that incident.
Isn't it funny how memories are triggered by the strangest cues ?
There once was a granny with frypan Who met a man who was gropin She went and backhand With heavy blackpan And now, he is definitely broken

[...]
On 12/18/2012 4:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

Everyone is affected by the horror of current events so cut folks a little slack. If the murder of the children and staff at the school doesn't make you heartsick you are a poor excuse for a human being. Give the people with feelings time to grieve and cool off then you will see the discussion turn back to more posts involving home repair and improvement. The discussions are always going to be like what you would hear out of a group of people hanging out at the supply house so there's nothing out of the ordinary for tangents zooming into outer space. ^_^
TDD
Look in the yellow pages for gun stores, and go ask there. They need a bit of diversion from all the massacre talk.