Anyone Know What This Tool Is?

Looks like some kind of wood planer to me.
http://i56.tinypic.com/123o0ab.jpg

It's similar to a spokeshave, but I'm fairly positive it's not. The blade looks like it swivels and the two 'posts' holding the blade look like they project past the blade. The swiveling blade is similar to a vegetable peeler, so I'm wondering if it might be for cutting slices of something edible. Semi-wild-assed guess, though.
Why not post the picture on a Japanese language newsgroup and ask? Probably would help to have a sharper picture with a linear measuring device in the picture, and turn the case so the kanji is readable.

The tool is not in my possession. Just trying to help someone figure out what is and the value so they can sell it. The person that owned it was into heavily into wood working.
On 2/8/2011 5:40 PM, Ron wrote:

Someone mentioned a spokeshave which it looks like but it looks like it could be for something like squaring up a door, a barrel stave or hull planking in boat building.
TDD

The blade rotates. You wouldn't be able to control the the angle of the blade, so it's unlikely that it's used for something with as strong, and potentially wild, grain as wood. The metal projections that hold the 'axle' of the blade project past the blade. If you ran off a little bit you'd mar the wood. May be a spokeshave, but I'm just not seeing it.
Tell the person that owns it to bring it with them next time they go out for sushi and ask someone to read the label. I Googled the two model numbers at the bottom, but drew blanks.
On 2/9/2011 12:26 AM, RicodJour wrote:

It looked to me like it was meant to remove a thin slice of material at a time. I Googled KKR tools and got a hit linked to Stanley and a factory in China. Interesting.
TDD

Tofu slicer?
--
Tegger

On Feb 8, 8:25pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Poor picture so it is difficult to tell but some kind of Spoke Shave seems likely. DL
On Feb 8, 4:25pm, "Stormin Mormon"

It's a wood plane blade sharpening jig. Here's a similar one. http://stusshed.wordpress.com/2009/05/30/alisam / Karl

Looking at the original, the metal roller looks like it's detached from the tool. The nuts are loose on the ends, I can see the similarities in the tools.
TDD
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It's a sharpening rig for hand plane blades. You remove the blade, clamp it in this jig and the jig guides the blade at the proper angle when you sharpen it. There is a guide roller on the front and back.
They are OK if you want to hone a dull blade but if you want a more aggressive edge or want a hollow ground edge they don't work well.

Steve W hit the nail on the head. I have same jig.
Joe G

The same exact one? If so, how much is it worth?