Anyone know the name of the shower head that you have to pull a cord to turn it on, and releaseing the cord turns it off?

I looking for a shower head or a switch that only lets the water run when you pull a cord. So you get wet, soap up (water off), pull the cord and rinse off. This is to save water and fuel.

Thanks

mBm

Reply to
Brett Miller

Those things are a pain, as you must know. If you really want a "quick shutoff" so you don't have to adjust temperature/flow/etc, you might just get a nice chrome half-turn valve and put it inline with the shower head, so you can just turn it on and off from there.

Reply to
kevin

Haven't seen one with a cord recently, but my WaterPik adjustable head has a ring around the outside for choosing different spray patterns. At one end, it reduces the water to a trickle, for the same reason you're looking for the cord.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

water run

pull the

not really but...

Kathy

"Way back when" we used to call those "Navy Showers" as used on ships where there was a VERY limited amount of water available for bathing.

The drill was a quick slash to wet your body, a lather up and scrub, followed by another quick splash to rinse the soap & dirt off.

At the opposite end of the spectrum are my daughter's 20 minute long water heater tank draining "bastings" in the shower.

If you want to DIY it, just buy a valve like this and fit it between the shower arm and the spray nozzle.

A nylon cord and ull ring ought to be pretty easy to cobble up yourself, 'eh?

The same company sells complete shower head assemblies with valves and ull cords, but they're rather industrial looking.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

They have the valve at Home Depot

Reply to
gfretwell

I don't have that kind, but I do have a hand shower that has an on-off switch. No silly settings for drips and mediocre "massages", just on and off.

I set the water temperature with the tub faucets and then control the water flow with the hand shower. I get to use the water just as you wish to.

I prefer this to what you are requesting, since it has the advantage of both on/off action and the convenience of spraying the water where I want it and not all over.

The one I bought is from an unknown manufacturer (it was the only one in stock and it was returned by a previous customer without packaging - hence cheap sale price)

Similar from Rubbermaid:

and another make:

and:

It seems that these things are considered products for invalids.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

I've never understood this. I want the water all over. Except when I don't wash my hair, and that's easy enough to avoid.

No one is really invalid. They just haven't been validated yet.

Reply to
mm

Convenient for washing the walls, but when I take a shower, I wash me.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly