Anyone know if window fans have screens?

I was thinking of getting a Bionaire or Honeywell twin window fan. Does anyone know if these fan units have buit in screens and if not, how do you keep out bugs?

Moe Hair

v=glance

The fan sits inside the regular screen in the window now.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Not familiar with those units specifically, but I have a Holmes twin fan (electronic thermostat and either fan can intake/exhaust). I suppose they assume that you have window screens if you need them (since they fit about flush in a double hung window).

When I was in an apartment with slider windows, I used a longer unit which had a filter (with long squirrel cage fan), but that was not as effective at moving air.

Reply to
David Efflandt

Good God.......... You get the award for the day

The "You're a complete IDIOT", award.....

Duh,,,,,,,,,, You leave the screen ON YOUR WINDOW, stupid !

God gave most people at least a tiny brain. Guess he missed you.

------------------

Reply to
--------

If you don't have screens in your windows (why not?), you can always buy screen material at your local hardware store and attach it to the fan yourself. On the outside would be better; otherwise you'll get dead bugs accumulating inside the fan box.

This won't be perfect, though, beause you'll still likely have small gaps around the sides. Use lots of duct tape?

Reply to
Dan Hartung

replying to --------, Not nice. wrote: That was super rude and uninformative.

Reply to
Not nice.

A 14 year old post and you don't even bother to answer the OP's question.

BTW the OP died 14 years ago from a massive insect attack.

Reply to
catalpa

replying to Dan Hartung, Sloth wrote: The only window fan I had stuck out on either side of the window, inside and outside. I'm just discovering that some window fans now sit flush against window screens. So, I'm assuming that OP is in the same boat as me, and just discovering these flush window fans. But know I'm just realizing I'm responding to a 14 year old post. Now I feel dumb

Reply to
Sloth

replying to David Efflandt, Steve Novak wrote: You are so mean, sir. And, many windows don't have screens, you know. I found your hostility towards a stranger because i need a fan for a window with no screen. And so yes, there is one that has a bug screen on rhe back, and, also has a thermal cover for the front to keep a draft out. Great idea. You are mean.

Reply to
Steve Novak

Stevie, why don't you run and tell your mommy and ask for a hug.

Suck it up. girlie-man. Grow a pair...

Reply to
Travis Bickle

Thanks a lot, President Rrump.