anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

"Your honor, the dog was hit by a car accidentally. 14 times."
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

The victim of a self-inflicted air strike. What a tragedy!
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Noozer wrote:

I have owned dogs since 1984.
Not one has met with an "accident". I call it responsible pet ownership. It's unfortunate that some pets live with irresponsible humans.
The neighbor who has the rod iron fence and the dog named Sierra that barks often.
I still don't mind.
Dogs bark. That's a fact. And, they are legal to have. Again, within reason.
I would never allow my dogs to stare out at the street through rod iron to bark incessantly. I'd give them a pig ear. That quiets them down for hours!
George wrote:

They should be pleased? Don't try that reasoning, if there ever *is* a legitimate complaint against your dogs.
In case you're unaware, dogs are allowed to bark from about 7 am to 10 pm.
If a dog barks incessantly, code people will come to see if the animal is being abused, neglected, hungry or thirsty. If not, you're into civil court.
I don't like a dog alone. I like them in twos so they have company. Most dogs alone are plain lonely. It's sad.
Yes, I keep the entire neighborhood safe.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Here, no more than 15 minutes of barking is tolerated. Soon, it will be this way everywhere.

No dog should bark for 15 minutes.
Something is wrong: whether the animal is in distress or there's a house being broken into.
What's the point of allowing the dog to bark if no one will investigate?
It's like unmonitored alarms on houses or cars. There's no point in it.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

neilyoung_at_heart snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in message

Where I am in CA, the ordinance is fifteen minutes in an hour, meaning that it can be a minute or so here and there, but no more than fifteen minutes total. I've never filed a complaint on anyone, but some of them can really get on your nerves at times, especially the high pitched yappers. :-)
Cheri
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

Yapper problem solved: http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model 68&return=Y
$160.00 on sale at any of the big sporting goods stores. $50.00 for a "good enough" scope. Priceless. Fire from inside the house, 10-15 feet back from the window. Nobody will hear the sound. The dog will look like a laser beam pierced it's skull. The owners will never recover.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

How many years does that felony carry?
Can you do the time?
Just wondering...

You'll find this shocking, but dogs are NOT excluded from NY's regulations involving nuisance animals, defined as those which destroy food crops, or harass or harm other animals. The law is NOT limited to what we normally define as farms. It includes home plots as well. So, for instance, if a dog digs in a vegetable garden and wrecks a row of seedlings (which I've seen them do), it's legal to kill them. Obviously, this is trumped by laws (and common sense) regarding the use of firearms in certain places. But, if I were to break a dog's neck using my bare hands, there would be no criminal charges.
In some states, like NY, most town justices have little or no legal training, so they're often unaware of the law and its interpretations. But, it is real.
says...

Where is shooting a disruptive dog a felony?
Banty

Dog? What dog? We had what....6 years to learn from Tony Soprano? No bodies.
Banty wrote:

Washington, DC. Shooting anything is a felony there, if you get caught.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Banty wrote:

neilyoung_at_heart snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

That's a felony??!? I....don't.....think.....so.
And you have to be within city limits of a city or town with that ordinance.
So your "How many years does that felony carry? Can you do the time?" retort is just bluster.
By the way, please don't top post.
Banty

says...

You don't think so? Or, are you absolutely positive? Could it vary from one city to another?

In NC. In fact, it is a felony to steal someone's dog from their yard. This is first hand info I heard from a police officer.
MRS. CLEAN wrote in message

meaning
fifteen
them
"good
from
laser beam

Also, it's not the dogs fault, it's the owner. I could never shoot either one of them, but a public caning of the owner could work. ;-)
Cheri