Anyone know anything about Toyo ductless A/C systems?

Apparently these are Chinese-made systems. They are available on ebay (there are also a few other brands sold there, also Chinese made) and on several websites at lower prices than pretty much all other split systems; additionally, their SEER numbers are good and they appear to be the only company producing a 7000 BTU model, which is really what I need.

This appears to be the importer's website:

The company is not affiliated with Toyo Tires.

Any info, please post in the newsgroups.

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I had one of these in a hotel room where I stayed in China a few years ago. They are really neat. Good heating and cooling from the unit, and they have a remote control. You can even program a universal "learning" remote to control it too. Just remember that you have to run the lines from outside (at the compressor) to the unit in the room. This means a big hole in the wall (or floor). Typically, the unit needs to be close to the compressor also.

I don't know about this brand, though. The ones in our rooms were Haier models. In genera, these are great for single room systems.

Doug

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Doug

Thanks for the response. I am familiar with the type of unit; I am more concerned about getting feedback about this brand.

Steve

Doug wrote:

Reply to
Steve

I bought one from us china and they are subpar, these people will cheat you, I got a unit that was dented and they kept hanging up on me and I emailed everyone that was listed on the site and not one responce. if they were here in Texas instead of up north I would have them in a small claims court for the max allowed money. do not buy from these people, they will cheat you...

Reply to
Hairball600

Hmmm, I had good luck with Mitsubishi and LG inits at the rental condo units. You get what you pay for, always true.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Do you know you are replying to a message posted January 18, 2007 in the homeownershub site?

Reply to
willshak

Amazing, how those get recycled.

Anyone remember alt lite bulb?