Anyone have a PC347 (or 743)?

I bought a PC347 with hardly a scratch on it today at an auction for $60. Before I congratulate myself too much, I have a question.
On the motor, between the front handle and the "E" in Cable, there is are some plastic arms that look like they are supposed to be holding something. It works fine and doesn't seem like anything is missing, but those plastic arms are there for a reason! What goes there? The pictures I have found on the internet don't show this area.
Thanks.
You may wish to post a URL of what you have. I simply have no clue what item you've got.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus