Anyone hang fake shutters

Hi Jeff!
JW> I was just wondering if anyone putting up those ubiquitous JW> non-functional louvered window shutters ever stuck them to the wall with JW> the louveres pointing in the direction they would if those shutters were JW> real? JW> JW> Did the practice of puting them up "inside-out" begin the first time JW> someone nailed a pair to a wall? JW> JW> Not to mention that most of the ones I see are the wrong width to cover JW> the window if they *were* hinged.
We have the fake shutters here: there was only one way to mount them on the house -- as someone else mentioned, the wrong side is very obvious! An no, if the shutters were to be hinged they would not cover the windows. They're there for decoration only; on this house not having them makes the exterior look boring!
BTW, there are at least two types of vinyl shutters: paintable and not. Non-paintable shutters will not take the paint, or at least latex paint: after it dries it peels right off!
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Not Quites: Take Me Out of the Ball Game.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

Rustoleum makes a vinyl primer. After that, you can use any paint on the primer.

Greetings, I would only put the "correctly sized" fake shutters on if it looked BETTER than the "incorrectly" sized shutter. They are purely for decoration.
Hope this helps, William