Anyone got any propane quotes or prices?

For the coming winter my supplier wants $1.499/gal. if total contract is prepaid in full. In my case that would be 800 gallons for next winter. SE Iowa is the location.

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

The price seems low enough but last year that I remember when it was more beneficial to have signed a fixed price contract was 2009 (for 2009/2010 propane delivery). Since then, here in PA propane prices have been falling, following the general nat. gas trend, and it was always better to just go with the market price because it was always less. Last year it was almost $0.50/gal less than the fixed they advertised for that season. Last year my gas company did not even send an invite to sign a fixed price contract.

Reply to
passerby

Much better deal (typically) if you have access to NG I'm running on vehicle on CNG and my most is ~ $0.91 per equivalent gallon.

Reply to
NotMe

My oil supplier used to screw me like this making me pay extra to guarantee price but it was well above any market price ever reached.

No gas lines where I live and have oil delivered and it runs nearly $4/gal.

Reply to
Frank

LPG prices are very region specific, so hearing that my last fill was $1.75/gal isn't going to help you much. You can look at the US Gov propane page, but they don't track prices during the summer.

Robert Neville