Anyone ever seen a patio deck combination?

I can find very sparse information on patio deck combinations. I'd like to see pictures that don't have a pool. I have a patio and thought about building a deck next to it with steps from the patio to deck. Is this something people do or have I come up with some crazy design? thanks.

I don't have any pictures. I have seen the combo on several homes I have worked in over the years. In most cases the exit from the home was to the deck and then down to a patio.
What are your reservations or questions?
Colbyt
I didn't want to build something crazy. That's all.
On 11 Jul 2005 17:55:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Build what you want. I have a flagstone pool deck and patio but I still have a raised deck under the covered areas. Both have a place.

What is the purpose of the deck? Why not extend the patio?
I don't understand why people build decks on ground level if they can have a patio that does not require the maintenance that a deck entails, does not make for places where rodents can hide, etc. If you have a steep drop off, that would make some sense. If it is just to have a deck, it is silly, IMO.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

If the floor level at the house is a couple of feet above grade, it's a lot easier to take one step onto the deck than having a few steps. It's also a nicer transition from inside to outside. Some people may do it just to break things up.
As far as the rodents under the deck - get a terrier! ;)

Some folks prefer a wood deck surface over concrete, tile, stone or other masonry-type product. Why give them grief about it? That and, in many cases, it's a helluva lot easier to install a deck than the effort to install a concrete pad. Especially in areas with freezing temps.

Grief? It is my opinion. (note the IMO above) Take it or leave it, agree or not, I really don't care. Sometimes people don't think of alternatives so I mention them. Decks have become "stylish" and are often installed in stupid places. The OP asked for an opinion, so I gave one. I don't have to look at it, install it, or maintain it, so I don't care what he does in the end.
As for the freezing areas, an improperly installed deck can get pretty out of whack from frost heaves.
wrote in message

As can an improperly installed slab. The easy solution is proper installation. Get the posts down below the frost line, etc.
However, FWIW, I also think a slab makes a lot more sense as it's a lot easier to maintain. But wouldn't the world be boring if everybody built the same thing? : )