Anyone ever heard of "Rhino Shield" ? (Never paint your house again)

I hear their commercials often on WJR (AM 760 - the Great Voice of the Great Lakes).

They claim it's not paint, while others claim that it's an elastomeric paint containing "3M Ceramic Microspheres".

And then others saying this:

============ As I continued my research I finally uncovered the mystery of Rhino Shield. Rhino Shield is manufactured by Nationwide Coatings.

I was able to find the MSDS (Material, Safety, Data Sheets) on Rhino Shield as well as Nationwide Coatings products and the results are quite amusing. In fact, in most cases the language used to describe the products is verbatim.

I believe you can purchase the same product from Nationwide as opposed to having to pay the exorbitant prices that Rhino Shield tries to impose upon its customers.

Rhino Shield applies a 3 coat system comprised of the following:

  1. Adhesive Primer Sealer (Product Data #14090)

  1. Ceramic Mid Coat (Product Data #14030)

  2. Durable Finish Coat Satin (Product Data #14020)

Nationwide Coatings supplies the following:

  1. Ultra Prime? (Product Data #2790) - .19 per gallon

  1. Ultra Kote XL? (Product Data #4030) - .29 per gallon

  2. Ultra Satin? (Product Data #2730) - .39 per gallon

If you look closely, you will see that the Solids by Weight, Solids by Volume, V.O.C.'s and Gallon Weight are identical. Not to mention the Product Description mirrors each other.

You can call Nationwide Coatings and get a price on all of their products except Rhino Shield. They will direct you to a Rhino Shield dealer in your area.

Keep in mind that the information made available to me over the internet does not tell the whole story. I'm quite sure that if either one of these companies were questioned that they would insist that the products are quite different. What else would they say?

I am making my determinations based upon what appears to be an obvious connection. Same manufacturer, same product description, same statistics, same numbers!

====================

Ultra Kote XL: Elastomeric Urethane Industrial Ceramic Coating for Walls, Roofs, Equipment, Tanks and Most Other.

ULTRA SATIN: Elastomeric Waterproofing Ceramic Satin Finish Wall Coating.

HomeGuy

Lasts 3 times longer and costs 6 times more?

Reply to
Lance Echolot

Depending on the cost of labout it could still end up being a fantastic deal. - or not.

Reply to
clare

Maybe it's a big verson of Turtle Wax.

Reply to