Anyone care to comment on battery-powered lawn mowers?

I've been looking to buy a replacement for my old dog, and I've seen these. But I still wonder if the technology is still a bit early.
says...

If you want to get an environmentally-friendly lawn mower, get a manual lawn mower. They require more elbow grease to function, but they use up no electricity, produce no exhaust, and simply need to be kept sharp.
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:15:34 -0600, Random Netizen

Once when I was in a Lowe's recently, someone asked about one. They didn't have any.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

And, of course, if they don't have them at Lowe's, then they simply don't exist.
On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:33:25 -0600, Random Netizen

Now that there's a Lowe's in town, some people will forget about the others.