Any way to easily disconnect the freezer in a refrigerator?

Page 2 of 2
I don't know if this would work or not but no one else has suggested it (perhaps because it is silly?) but I would enlarge the openings between the freezer and the refrigerator.
As I understand it, the thermostat is in the refrigerator, and the compressor works to keep the refrigerator at the right temperature. The compressor is in the freezer, and the freezer temperature is set by regulating the air flow to the refrigerator; a lot of air flow is high freezer temp, little airflow is low air flow. If you removed the wall completely, the whole unit would be at whatever you set the refrigerator at.
Comments?
Toller wrote:

Messing with the thermodynamic characteristics of a combination freezer / refrigerator could have interesting results.
If you think that making the duct between the freezer and refrigerator larger will increase the air flow you are assuming that the air flow is limited by the static pressure of the duct. More likely, the air flow is limited by the circulating fan to a specified CFM. You could increase the circulating fan speed or size but then you'd have to worry about the duct pressure (again). No telling what removing the wall completely might do!