Any swamp cooler stand kits out there?

Hi All,
My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50) is hanging from chains in my window. Probably be a good idea to put it in a stand.
Any kits for that out there?
Many thanks, -T

I didn't see any, online. Jes get some angle iron and a welder (rent?) or a drill motor, drill bits, and SS fasteners. It's the perfect excuse to waste money on a electric hand bandsaw:
http://www.harborfreight.com/portable-variable-speed-bandsaw-47840.html
I love mine. ;)
nb
On 01/24/2015 03:28 PM, notbob wrote:

Neither did I

Hi NotBob,
Cool. Thank you.
My neighbor's father is the quintessential handy man and loves projects like this. I will hire him. He has any and every kind of cool tool you can think of!
-T
On 01/24/2015 03:28 PM, notbob wrote:

Should I put a cement pad under it?

Depends on the soil where you live. I have hard mountain rocky/clay soil, so things like cement deck blocks would work fine:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_53770-64398-HB6990_0__
nb
On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 1:00:17 PM UTC-8, Todd wrote:

If you have screw hooks into the window frame with chains that will hold 25 0 lbs that will work if the window sill is strong enough to support 250 lbs which should be easy to handle unless rotted. As for a stand I would use wood but not a complete base/ top as the drain is usually on the bottom of them and the water will rot the wood very fast . PVC makes a great stand if used with stakes to anchor it to the ground, i t is not harmed by water however sunlight will harm some,spray paint will a lleviate this.
On 01/24/2015 05:29 PM, Ceaser wrote:

> work if the window sill is strong enough to support 250 lbs which should be easy > to handle unless rotted.
Not yet, but that is my concern

fast. PVC > makes a great stand if used with stakes to anchor it to the ground, it is not > harmed by water however sunlight will harm some,spray paint will > alleviate this.

A plastic frame? Huh.

why not use a second set of chains attached about 6 inches back from the first set on the cooler and about 12 inches offset outside the window attachment

What is a swamp cooler?????
On 01/25/2015 05:34 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

AKA evaporative cooler http://swampcoolersonline.com/Products/Champion/RWC50.htm
They are great in low humidity and cheap to run.