Any suggestions for opening up this fence for infrequent passage?

Page 3 of 3
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 20:18:06 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I did try screws with glue. The company that makes the panels (Fafco) says nothing works like their 50 cent plugs. Screws cost more than the plugs anyway.
The plugs are ok. It's just a wet mess. Today I fixed a lot of things around the house; but I didn't get to this yet.
On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:06:46 PM UTC-6, Danny D. wrote:

A plastic BARREL with both ends removed...a nice TUNNEL for you to crawl through. Would work well as you could use plywood to block access or just use one or both of the barrel ends in some fashion with hinges and a latch (lockable).
On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:22:42 -0700, Roy wrote:

That's interesting!
And impractical. You go to the water valve a dozen times a day, and that means by the end of the day you'll have crawled through a barrel 24 times. Add a trace of rain water, and some moss and algae, and you'll be getting some serious exercise. Not to mention getting wet, sick, and slimy. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:22:42 -0700, Roy wrote:

That's interesting!
Danny D. wrote:

Maybe you could do something like this on either side of one of the chain link fence posts: http://www.hooverfence.com/manual/chainlink/install4.htm .
In the Figure, I think the vertical bar that is parallel to the fence post is called a tension bar. That bar slides down inside the chain links to create an "end" to the fencing. Then that bar is bolted to the post. Try looking at some chain link fences in your area to see this setup.
If you buy those parts and cause your fence to "end" on both sides of a fence post, then when you need to work on the solar system you would just have to unbolt 2 or 3 clamps that attach the tension bar (on one side) to the post, then pull the fence back and walk through. When done, re-connect the tension bar and the 2 or 3 clamps.
I have a property where that is how I am able to open the fence to drive a pickup truck onto the property. I unbolt 3 clamps, pull the fence back out of the way to open it, do the work, and then re-attach the 3 clamps when I am done. In my case, there is a top bar that I also have to remove, but your fence doesn't have a top bar so that makes it even easier to get in.
On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:19:02 -0400, TomR wrote:

This is like the idea of the clamps, and I went to Harbor Freight to get them today, but, they weren't in stock, unfortunately.