Any suggestions for opening up this fence for infrequent passage?

This is like the idea of the clamps, and I went to Harbor Freight to get them today, but, they weren't in stock, unfortunately.

Reply to
Danny D.

I really have no clue. but would self drilling screw with gasket plug the hole?

Once you find the leaky spot, pop a screw into the magnetic nut setter tip, put cordless drill into forward, and screw a plug into the hole.

I've tried all sorts of glues; but the water is under pressure, and the rubber is not conducive to glues.

So what I do is order plugs by the hundreds from McMaster-Carr:

Then, with a hollowed out wine cork, I burn an insertion hole in the center; and then I cut open the leaking tubes; and I disable the entire tube by shoving one or two plugs in the upstream part of the tube (above the hole) and another set of plugs in the downstream part of the tube (below the hole).

In the pictures above, the five longer plugs are the manufacturer's plugs (at about 50 cents each!) while the shorter plugs are from McMaster-Carr (at about 10 cents each).

Since I use a couple hundred, it adds up.

(Don't ask me what I think of the Fafco Revolution Solar Panels, which each costs about $350.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I did try screws with glue. The company that makes the panels (Fafco) says nothing works like their 50 cent plugs. Screws cost more than the plugs anyway.

The plugs are ok. It's just a wet mess. Today I fixed a lot of things around the house; but I didn't get to this yet.

Reply to
Danny D.

Actually, he didn't mention critters until his second post. Just sayin'

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Actually, he didn't mention critters until his second post. Just sayin'

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My mistake for not mentioning it at first.

The main intent was to make it easy to repair the plumbing on the other side of the fence once a year.

Keeping the four-footed critters inside is a secondary consideration (since someone had asked).

Reply to
Danny D.