Any other multi-tool attachments like the Ridgid JobMax?

I'm mainly interested in the drill-driver attachment. Apparently it includes a speed reduction gearbox and the right angle gear.

Are there any other tools like that? Or anything else similar?

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

Because I'm using them for my long-term project, push sticks for inline skating. I'm working on a gas (grass trimmer) powered version, my previous electric versions are shown here.

John Doe

Per John Doe:

What is the make/model of the red 5.5 AH battery?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

It came from a Chinese made Toro grass trimmer. And it lasted for about 15 minutes. Currently, I don't know any more than the information on their website, if they still sell it.

Cost is the problem with electric, and that's why I'm trying gas. I suppose it's similar to electric cars. It's pushing battery capacity for the application. If I could afford hundreds for a battery, it might work as well as gas (assuming gas works well enough power-wise, hopefully I'll find out soon).

Reply to
John Doe

Is this what you're looking for?

See page 3: Meglinating Variable Intensity Multifunction Power Tool (just below the carpenter's dreidel):

- Untranking concrete hex finials

- Retranking floating lug grout

- Anomorgling deck shims

- Torquening slotted camshanks

- Synchrofusing synthetic toggle bearings

- Removing ear wax

HeyBub

Per John Doe:

That's the conclusion I've come around to after fooling around with electric bikes for a few years. The energy density weight-wise of batteries is still poor compared to gasoline and the cost per mile is almost as bad.

I've been using couple of DeWalt 36v batteries, but all I need the electric assist for is to avoid mouth breathing below a certain temperature. That means little use... I get almost 10 miles per AH. OTOH, if I were to ride 100% electric they'd be drained in a few miles.

IIRC, the improvement from lead-acid to lithium batteries weight-wise is a factor of 5-7.

There's supposedly something in the pipeline that will give a similar improvement factor over lithium. At that point, electric bikes might become a lot more realistic if it doesn't cost too much. OTOH there are so ebikes in use in China - even with lead-acid - that the government considers them tb an environmental problem....

I still can't get it out of my head that when I was a kid I used to ride my Sears-And-Roebuck 50cc moped from West of Philadelphia to Ocean City on about a gallon of gas...

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per HeyBub:

Geeze... I didn't know Mad Magazine was still being published.

IMHO William Gaines should have been designated as a national treasure.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Do I remember, the early ones actuallly had pedals, for up hill,and to make the fuel last longer?

When I was closing at McDonalds one night, 1983, about zero dark thirty. The manager came up to me and said "there are two people on motor cycles outside the drive through window and they are asking for you by name." I nearly died of fear, at that moment. She further said I could go talk to them, but not open the window. I agreed.

They turned out to be two people I knew, and they were on no-pedal mopeds. The man had gassed up but neglected to add the two cycle oil to the little tank under the seat. The piston locked up, and they had been walking. His moped was dead, but hers still ran.

She noticed my car out front, and they went to the drive up window. I assured them I'd be out at the end of my shift. And assured the manager they would be no trouble. I worked on the moped for a while, and realized it was beyond my skills to fix in the parking lot at 2 Am. I ended up taking her home in my car, with the moped roped on top the trunk. He drove the other moped, and arrived shortly after that. Next day, he walked the moped to the sales and repair shop, they freed it up for him.

.

I still can't get it out of my head that when I was a kid I used to ride my Sears-And-Roebuck 50cc moped from West of Philadelphia to Ocean City on about a gallon of gas...

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

To be a "moped" it HAD to have pedals. You had to pedal to start it.

If they had no pedals they were motorcycles or motor scooters - mopeds all had pedals. There were moped-like "step through" motorcycles with engines of more than 49cc displacement - usually good for more than 27 MPH that required registration, drivers licence, and insurance.

49cc and less, with pedals and limited speed were classified as mopeds and in many countries did not require a motorcycle licence - registration, or insurance.

Here in Ontario you needed a driver's licence, but not a motorcycle licence - and registration (lifetime plate, at least at one point) and insurance. My last one was a Honda PA50

Reply to
clare

Per Stormin Mormon:

Mine had pedals. I guess the rational was for hills and economy, but the whole package was so heavy and the power transmission train so inefficient that pedaling was not realistic IMHO.

OTOH, there were mopeds where the engine was simply hung above the front wheel of an ordinary bicycle and drove it via a rubber roller. You flipped a lever that raised the motor, and you were back to a plain ordinary bicycle albeit with a little extra weight up front. I think somebody was selling such add-ons in the USA as "Chicken Power"... i.e. the motor was rated at one chickenpower.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

First moped I rode was the classic Velo-Solex with the motor over the front wheel. Lots of fun, and really got you places..

Reply to
Attila Iskander

With so many off-topic threads in these groups, isn't there a better place for this...

Reply to
John Doe

FWIW...

When I skate in the cold, I use one of those ultralight paper dust masks. Doesn't look good, but it helps to protect my lungs.

Reply to
John Doe