Any ladies here?

Page 2 of 2

I think it has to do more with tradition. If you learned how to deal with the issue from someone with a sewing skill set, you use a safety pin, or a crochet hook. If you learned to do it from someone with an electrician skill set, you use fish tape.

I didn't learn how to do it from anyone. When I needed to figure out how to do it, coat-hanger wire was the most obvious thing I had.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I would use a coathanger, and have done so.

I remember one of the old "Peanuts" comics where Linus had no idea what a clothes pin is. I know. My grandparents used a clothesline when they lived on the farm (until 1981).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Bailing wire with a loop on the end Coathanger as others have mentioned Duct tape and a pencil - eraser end first (pushing this) Wood dowel (push or pull) gather the material to shorten the path.

I keep suggesting the use of a nail gun, but nobody follows my advice,
not even me : o

Tie a new string to a small object that will fit into the hole and work the object through the string path. It takes a little patience. Women usually have a sizable safety-pin for this purpose, but lots of small objects will do the job.
Bert Byfield wrote:

I've always taken a wire coat hanger and straightened it out, then taped the end of the string to it. Like you say, it can take some patience but I've managed to get the job done that way.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

A nail gun might work if you got smart nails, the kind than can follow the curves of the garment.
--
snipped-for-privacy@xmail.com0.invalid says...

--
Keith

It's out completely? Get a safety pin and pin to one end of the draw string. Fish the pin thru the waist band until it comes out the other end. Remove the pin. walla! The string is now back in the pants. Before the next washing, tie the drawstring in a double bow to prevent this happening again.