any good links for dishwasher install?

I bought a Maytag extended tub dishwasher that I will be installing shortly. I understand how to run the power and plumb the lines but I would like to see the best way to cut the cabinet, etc. I pulled the drawer out of the top and removed the shelving. My issue is the toe kick up front -- it looks glued and brad nailed on. I can't put a dishwasher ON the shelf above the kick right? As far as I know, they need to sit on the floor - no exceptions.
Does this mean I need to cut the kick, put the dw in, and **try** to patch it back up? What's the common practice? I have a decent foundation and arsenal of woodworking tools.
Any help is good help,
Thanks!
Andrew.
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:54:15 -0500, The Good Bohemian

You need to get rid of the whole cabbinet, dw's sit on the floor and have a metal plate to cover the kick plate area.

I've never hear that. That is the case (or at least the best idea) for clothes washers but I don't see any reason a dishwasher couldn't be off the floor (unless building codes in your area or the products installation instructions specifically exclude it).
In fact, look at the product at the bottom of the page linked below:
http://tinyurl.com/vl8p

Leaving a space for a dishwasher when the cupboards are built.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Maytag+dishwasher
=~~~~~~