Any garbage disposals impervious to chlorine?

Hi All,

My Garbage disposal rusted out, presumably due to the chlorine from my disk washer.

Anyone know of a replacement garbage disposal that is impervious to dishwasher chlorine?

Many thanks,

--Tony snipped-for-privacy@gbis.com

Reply to
Anthony Ewell

get a stainless steel one.

Reply to
m Ransley

Check Consumer Reports for their definitive article on disposers. Some of them have stainless steel internals and IIRC the ratings mention this. As usual, you get what you pay for and the SS models are the pricier ones. Stainless is not totally impervious to chlorine, so you may want to review your current washing compounds and get something less destructive to the environment. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Hi,

Model75 says "Polished stainless steel & resists corrosion"

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Except most common ausenetic stainlesses such as are used for good general corosion resistance are susceptable to chloride pitting and corrosion, patticularly at high stress points -- for frequent chloride exposure you will need either a more exotic/specialized stainless steel or other more chloride resistant alloys. For occasional exposure to chlorine bleach or related compounds you should be okay thought.

Reply to
The Masked Marvel