Any experience with totalvid.com ??

Hi all, I just noticed that there is a site called totalvid.com which offers online home improvement/repair videos for a subscription fee. Does anyone here has any experience with the videos? Could you please share your experience with us? Thanks!

Reply to
T. T.

totalvid was pretty much useless...... you might wish to try blockbusters or another online video rental place instead as most of the stores do not carry a full line of DIY video's.

About totalvid....... They would take a standard DIY video lets say....ceilings and walls.... and then they would separate the video into the various components. so you were paying separately for each component.

Now when you RENT the video, they used DRM and you only had xx amount of days to watch the video before the license expired. If you purchased the video, the price often was WAY over what you could purchase the DVD for from a store.

Totalvid was a total rip-off. There are a lot better ways to get the information. Check your library, check your online video store, check ebay.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Thanks, that was really helpful. By the way, I'm just trying to find some information about how to "open" (or lift up) the cooktop of my Kenmore gas range, anyone know how to do it? I tried the user manual and repair part list but couldn't find this information. The model number is 73221 (or 362.73221200). thanks

Peter wrote:

Reply to
T. T.

Check out repairclinic. com. Many rangetops are hinged at the rear, but grease accumulation at the edges can glue the top down pretty well. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe