...any experience with Fog Coat (stucco?)

my mother is interested in Fog Coat, some kind of stucco paint (I believe), instead of a regular house re-painting
the difference seems to be, is that the Fog Coat is porous, or breathes, and a regular painting seals the old stucco
pros & cons anyone?
thanks marc