Any experience with "Doggie Dooley?"

It's supposed to be a dog septic system you install in your yard -- fill with water, charge with some bacterial concoction, add your Barky's business with some extra water from time to time and Shazam! No more bagging the poop.
I've got a lovable Labrador on 2 acres, so considering the purchase. Just wondering if it's all that it's advertised ...
BTW I no longer buy dog food. It's all just "pre-processed poop." The good news is that ever since we got our dog, I SWEAR to my wife I have NOT passed gas.
Thanks in advance,
JW Bad doggie!
Jim Weiss wrote:

You going to wander the 2 acres scooping up any mess and walk it over to the bucket?
FWIW, we tried this back in the 60s and I swear it was NASTY.
I recommend encouraging Fido to "spread the wealth" and let nature take its course.
--
Joe

Joe S wrote:

I second that. We tried it back in the '70s and it was awful--and not efficient, either. In all fairness, though, we had several Great Danes, but even so we were using the largest size they made.
A neighbor had a Shelty that was trained to use a corner of their back yard that certainly wasn't 40 acres. Kept the grass clear.

How does walking around your yard scooping up poop and dumping it into the Doggie Dooley offer any advantage whatsoever compared to walking around your yard scooping up poop and dumping it into a sack?

business
Worked well for me. Make sure that you dig the hole large enough, where the doggie dooley is installed. I used a 2-man power auger. Realize that this is a septic tank. If you get queasy easily, don't bother with this.
Finding where your dog has hidden his treasure is going to be the hard part. I had half as much land as you do, and my retriever found some special places to hide his work. I only discovered it when my riding mower ran over it and it ripened in the NC heat.
I think doggie dooley's work better in smaller yards where the poop is easier to find.
Milos wrote:

Most important: Wear brown shoes when mowing.

It could keep the trash can from smelling terrible poop smells in the summer.

Is there EVER a time when it DOESN'T smell terrible???????
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

When it's frozen out in the snow.
HeyBub wrote:

<http://www.seniorpetproducts.com/doggiediapers.html