Any decorating ideas for a girly room?

I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling
--
gotbfdk

Do you own or rent, that makes a difference on what you can do?

Will she go for glitter? Tell her my daughter used it in her room 10 years ago & when she went off to college the room was re-painted and the glitter disappeared.
Once glittered, you can use a colored flood light on a wall to make it look pink/purple/whatever.
Jim [quotes?-- how about you offer to paint it. You could paint it *your* color-- and then *her* color-- for less than it will cost to have someone else paint it. Painting isn't rocket science. It takes time and patience. Can you keep in the lines in a coloring book? Bake a cake without getting batter on the ceiling? If yes- then you can paint your room just fine. I'll bet you can find someone who has painted a room before to stand by and give you guidance as you paint.]

Pin unicorns, posters of Justin Beiber, poster of Spice Girls, kittens, Lady GaGa........... Hannah Montana......
Robert wrote:

Do the whole place in pink theatrical UV paint, then shove a blacklight where the regular lamp should go ;->
Seriously - another non-destructive approach is drapes - just cheap smooth soft-hanging cloth in cool colours hung artistically from pins.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

Probably take about twenty bucks, at Walmart, to buy enough girly posters to keep the room lit up nice, and totally girly.
My bedroom, I want to cover the walls with brightly colored Harbor Freight ads. Man stuff!
Pin unicorns, posters of Justin Beiber, poster of Spice Girls, kittens, Lady GaGa........... Hannah Montana......
On 12/13/2012 8:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought that was to cover the holes in the walls and keep out drafts? O_o
TDD
Oddly enough. When I moved in, the bedroom door had a hole in it, about fist height. I did put a poster over that. Life imitates art, or something like that.
I've known people to block cold drafts, some use news papers, and I saw a rental tenant one time block cold draft with crumpled plastic shopping bags. One time I insulated an attic with a huge load of cardboard boxes from a recycle dumpster. Worked nicely.
wrote in message

I thought that was to cover the holes in the walls and keep out drafts? O_o
TDD

Yes, I have used duct tape for holes in doors.
Greg

On 12/13/2012 7:56 AM, Robert wrote:

Ach! So glad my children are grown....just watched bits of the concert...Mick Jagger looks like a kid with a lot of wrinkles. He hits 70 this year :o)
On 12/12/2012 4:17 PM, gotbfdk wrote:

Put girlies in it? O_o
TDD
On 12/12/2012 5:17 PM, gotbfdk wrote:

Baby girl? Teenager? Decals are not my fave because they might be hard to remove or cover later.....school age girls will likely want to do their own decor...in that case, some foamboard or cork bulletin boards would be good so you would have limited holes in the wall and allow her choices of what to stick on the walls. My daughters remind me periodically how they hated the wallpaper in their room when they were school age. Fleece comforters are the rage (two layers with cuts made perp. to the edge and then knotted together)...good for color and not expensive. Also good for lounging or sleepovers. Fabric for curtains or colorful comforters/bedding can make a color scheme. Don't count on your decor being acceptable to a girl :o)
@diybanter.com says...

It might help if you said what age the girl is!