Any Cable TV Installers out there!

I have Cox as cable TV provider, and a few weeks ago I signed up for h/definition, My TV is rear projection Toshiba 52" DLP (new), doen't require a box for the h/d channels, but a card is required.
After 3 attempts, of checking the cables and the signal, the splitters bla bla bla,and a different card (Motorola )I still can't access one channel that I like, ( its a local channel that has just gone h/d a month or so ago) when I first turn on the TV.
But after first turning on the TV , from over night lets say and surfing thru the the lower channels, 103 thru 110 then try the channel I want which is 805 its there. Other local h/d channels 808 809 are always there when the TV is first turned on, after an overnight rest.
Any ideas?
Thanks Tom
twfsa wrote:

Switch to a Dish Satellite System for superior brighter, sharper, digital quality on All of the Channels including Network Locals in many areas, add HD too. I know from experience Dish is the Best System. See the link below to get all the equipment and installation FREE. http://free-satellite-tv.udarrell.com/index.htm Use the FREE Certificate Number and free 800 number to get detailed information.

The best satellite system 'Dish,' will deliver terrific digital picture perfect signals, and HD is available, along with local network channels in many areas. Where locals are not available you can either pick them up with an antenna or at a low cost just take the locals from some cable systems. - udarrell Darrell
--
Free Dish Network Satellite System TV Certificate you can use to promote your
business opportunities! The Certificate number is good anywhere in the United

<snip>
Your certificate expired December 31, 2005.
Why would you want a piece of shit receiver box on every TV in the house? Unless cable were not available in your area, its insane!
Tom

Cable here used to have a very crappy picture. Anyway, I wouldn't trust such a spammy reply.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

You are going to need a piece of shit CABLE box soon on every set anyway, what's your point.
On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 22:58:42 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I suppose you're talking about digital cable.
That was very limited here at one time, which is why I got satellite. I'm considering changing back.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
twfsa wrote:

Much better porn on Dish. MUCH better. Or so I've been told.

Isn't that what alt.binaries.xxx newsgroups are for? ;-)

The BEST porn comes from your own imagination.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
georgie wrote:

Georgie, It expires Dec 31, 2006. Believe me the Free Certificates are good. If you have a wife and kids you need three or four receivers. - udarrell Darrell