Any Bored Maytag Repairmen Here?

I fixed my mom's washer last night (just a clogged cold water fill-filter). But because I thought the problem might be the interior cold water fill, I started to dismantle the washer housing and took off the front panel.
I ended up fixing the problem but snapping off two hinge clips apparently vital in order to protect the housewife/washing-machine-user in case the tub ever flies loose. (This is a ten year-old washer.) If anyone can tell me exactly how the hinge clips are positioned, and the angle the front panel should be swung/positioned at when attaching these pressure-sensitive clips, I'd appreciate hearing from you hear. On repairclinic.com, they are called "front cover top retaining spring clip," part 1603.
Thanks, always.
On 25 Jul 2006 03:41:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

To remove the top, you use a kitchen knife in the crack to push against the clips to release them. So install them so the spring is toward the front where the knife would compress it.
JimL wrote:

Thanks!