any advice on a fridge?

Page 3 of 3

They WILL freeze on edge standing up.
Steve
Stay away from Magic Chef appliances. Their warrentes are worth less than the paper they are written on. Of they have no parts in stock and it can be over a month with no fridge to get the part to fix it.
--
Dymphna
Message Origin:

The big one we had ( think it was 25 foot or larger) would hold them. Moved and could only fit in a smaller one due to the built in cabinets. I don't under stand why the space was so small as the house has 4 bedrooms and the kitchen is large enough the space could have been made a few inches wider. AS there are just two of us now that is ok. Only the pizzas will not fit unless we take out a shelf in the freezer section. We can cram in a round Tomestone or two, but not the large boxed kind. This is a Whirlpool side by side with icemaker. If we had children still here or stored a lot of frozen food we would have a small freezer in the basement. I have often though about getting one just for the pizzas :-)

I have an old upright freezer in the garage that has to be thirty years old. It won't die, and I can't kill it despite several attempts. It does have the big flat shelves, but also has the wavy coils under the shelves that need to be defrosted every year or so. Sometimes the frost and frozen blocks get to a point where I just have to defrost enough to find out what food is in there. Long as it's running, tho, it stays. IIRC, I paid $50 used when I bought it. If it's a garage or pantry hidden unit, what's the difference? About $500 by my reckoning.
Steve

I've had good luck with Whirlpool and terrible with Maytag. Also good luck with Kenmore, which usually is made by Whirlpool.