Any additional tips/suggestions/hints for dispensing gasoline from 30-55 gallon drum at home?

Home delivery of 55 gallons of fuel does seem to be problematic.

I'm still finding cheaper alternatives for the equipment, e.g.,

But, I haven't yet found a fuel supplier.

Reply to
Harold Lathom

And I'd say it's unlikely you'll find one. 55 gal isn't a "bulk" sale to distributors and they're not going to waste their time. Farm deliveries here are now 500 gal minimum excepting for some existing long-term customers that are on routes that can cover going elsewhere. I can still get 250 gal but not except when they're heading by to/from one of the neighbors; they won't come out just for me any longer.

--

Reply to
dpb

Curious about your farm deliveries. Do/Can you pay the road taxes on that, or is it always for off-road use?

30 years ago in a place far away, I remember we 'couldn't' gas our cars from the farm tanks. I don't know if that was peculiar to the area, the delivery outfit, how it was set up for this farmer-- or just BS from the farmer so he didn't have to deal with us using his gas.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Long ago and far away, my father used to have an elevated tank of DIESEL, for topping off the company backhoe. This was at his small construction company, and the 'storage yard' was maybe 3 city lots, so everything above the six-food fence was visible to people (and kids) driving by. One time they forgot to padlock the hose nozzle to the hook, and some kids filled up their car from the tank. My father didn't have the heart to press charges- the pain of explaining to daddy about the tow bill and fuel system flush was punishment enough, he figured. Of course, diesel was a lot cheaper back then.

Reply to
aemeijers