ants

Reply to
Bob Bowles

sorry, but i'm not aware of any other group to ask this question to.

can you recommend a product that i can spray around my house to keep ants out? i've used 25% Diazinon from the hardware store in the past, but it seemed to only send the ants inside the house from the outside. we've been using a pest control company ( who comes every other month ) but my wife wants to stop the service. she says "why are we paying this guy when we continue to get ants and spiders?"... i see her point, and i've complained to the guy what is happening over a 6 mo period, but it hasn't gotten any better . is there a product i can use that you've found successful? ( and no, i don't know what kind of ants they really are, other than annoying ).

thanks for any help

Reply to
FH

are they large black ants 1/4 inch long, carpenter ants.

Reply to
mark Ransley

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says... :) wants to stop the service. she says "why are we paying this guy when we :) continue to get ants and spiders?"... i see her point, and i've complained :) to the guy what is happening over a 6 mo period, but it hasn't gotten any :) better . is there a product i can use that you've found successful? ( and :) no, i don't know what kind of ants they really are, other than annoying ). :) :) Maybe time to find a new exterminator. They have new products that give good results from 6 months to year. But they have to use them. :) depending on what type of ant you are dealing with may determine the best attack for them on doing it yourself.

Reply to
Lar

That also kills cats, dogs, etc.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

It doesn't kill the cats and dogs if they're properly kept under control on the owner's property and out of my yard. Our community has leash laws for dogs and cats.

Reply to
No-Name

And small children.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
k conover

Do a Google group search with ANTS BORAXO SUGAR and one with ANTS BORAX SUGAR. Several people have reported very good results with these mixtures.

Reply to
Paul A

Log onto

and look for "liquid ant bait". It comes in two ounce bottles. Put down small dishes or jar lids with a squirt of this blue liquid. Ants slurp it up, and don't come back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Commercialy available as TERO.

Remove TIE to reply.

Reply to
Bill Reynolds

Cult: A church which teaches differently than you do.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon