Antifreeze? Where did it go?

Page 3 of 3

A v-8 I had with a blown head gasket looked like one of the spark plugs had been steamed cleaned.
On 12/2/2015 5:17 PM, Eagle wrote:

Last time I took it to my mechanic he didn't find any leaks other than the spot where it has an oil leak.
--
Maggie

Muggles wrote on 12/2/2015 :

I had a coolant leak in My '68 C10 and just replaced the engine as well as the suspension and everything else. It's now a pro mod race truck. :D
Muggles used his keyboard to write :

I just thought....when the engine is hot, did you check for pin hole leaks in the radiator? Sometimes those sneaky leaks don't show untill the engine and coolant is at temp or better. Want a replacement for that Van? I have a '98 Taueus I haven't driven since 11/3/15, and has only 87 K miles on it. Also has brand new tires and brakes.... :D
On 12/3/2015 8:48 AM, Eagle wrote:

I'm just hoping my van holds together until I can afford another ride.
--
Maggie

http://rokradio.com/ http://20thcenturyradio.com/ https://www.otrcat.com/
--
.

DONT USE ANY LEAK SEALERS, like bards leak. I did that ONCE:(
it ruined the heate core, plugged it solid.
this occured in early spring, garage wanted 850 bucks just for labor the dash board had to be completely removed to replace the heater core, sadly the van went to the junkyard bcause i was dumb and used the leak sealer
found the real source of the leak, a bad hose.
bob haller submitted this idea :

I did the same thing with a '98 Cheep Grand Cherokee limited. This one had bugs galore, and I replaced the radiator twice and the A/C junk under the dash. I put "stop leak" in the radiator, and after driving in 115 degree weather for 6 miles, boom...the bitchin V-8 in that bug ridden cheep spun a rod bearing. I sold that cheep to a feller for $1500.00. That was in 2007. :/

leak and NOT plug the heater core. I've used the stuff hundreds of times in my carreer as a mechanic, and several times on my own vehicles - never had a problem.

Check with Diana Ross and the Supremes.
Where did our ethylene glycol go, dum dum de dum.
On 12/3/2015 9:16 PM, Micky wrote:

LOL
--
Maggie