Anti Siphon Air Gap for dishwasher

I have an anti siphon air gap mechanism I'm thinking of installing on the drain line from my dishwasher. The instructions indicate that this device is to be installed on the deck of the sink. I'm not sure my wife will be happy with this mechanism exposed on the sink and I am wondering if it could be installed under the sink at the highest level possible? Would it still function at that height?

John Keith snipped-for-privacy@juno.com

Reply to
John Keith

It'll function unless the sink happens to be full.

Also, sometimes they clog up and overflow. Keep a bucket under it.

You may be better off just putting a "high loop" in the hose and forget the airgap. Clamp the hose so it remains nudged against the underside of the countertop.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim