ANTI-SIEZE GREASE DRIED UP

Hi all,

I have a couple of plastic bottles of Permatex anti-sieze grease, and they've both dried out. Each bottle is over 1/2 full. It's still usable, but it's quite stiff. What did they use to "liquify" the grease, and what can I put in the bottles to possibly soften it up ???

RON ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Reply to
Ron in NY

I'd reach for some kerosene....or maybe even mineral spirits (paint thinner).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

ATF works

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.optonline.net:

Why don't you go to the Permatex website and look up the MSDS(Material Safety Data Sheet)??

Try Google.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I would just buy some more. I buy the stuff at the auto parts store in small tubes, use on and throw any remainder away.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

sounds like a guy with more dollars than sense.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

I don't know about that. I have spent about $2.00 over the last five years. I don't think that is too much to avoid the possibility of compromising the material with an incompatible solvent.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If you spent $2 then you weren't buying a quality anti-seize compound anyway. And thinning the stuff doesn't compromise it.

over and out,

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Honestly I think I got stuff that was just fine. It certainly was not a gallon of the the stuff, just a dab or two, enough for the jobs I needed it for.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Just use mineral oil or baby oil if you want it to smell better.

Reply to
tnom