ANTI-SIEZE GREASE DRIED UP

Hi all,
I have a couple of plastic bottles of Permatex anti-sieze grease, and they've both dried out. Each bottle is over 1/2 full. It's still usable, but it's quite stiff. What did they use to "liquify" the grease, and what can I put in the bottles to possibly soften it up ???
RON =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Ron in NY wrote:

I'd reach for some kerosene....or maybe even mineral spirits (paint thinner).
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

"Ron in NY" < snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY) wrote in

Why don't you go to the Permatex website and look up the MSDS(Material Safety Data Sheet)??
Try Google.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Ron in NY wrote:

I would just buy some more. I buy the stuff at the auto parts store in small tubes, use on and throw any remainder away.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
sounds like a guy with more dollars than sense.
--
Steve Barker

"Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Steve Barker LT wrote:

I don't know about that. I have spent about $2.00 over the last five years. I don't think that is too much to avoid the possibility of compromising the material with an incompatible solvent.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
If you spent $2 then you weren't buying a quality anti-seize compound anyway. And thinning the stuff doesn't compromise it.
over and out,
--
Steve Barker

"Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Steve Barker LT wrote:

Honestly I think I got stuff that was just fine. It certainly was not a gallon of the the stuff, just a dab or two, enough for the jobs I needed it for.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit