Answer to light bulb question

I received this answer from GE:

Thank you for contacting GE Lighting. I am happy to assist you.

Type B refers to the shape of the bulb. This is the most common decorative shape. The "B" stands for "blunt tip". To view an example of this shape, please go to the following link and click on "chandelier" (not sure whether you need a small base or medium base, so just choose accordingly) in the "decorative" section. You will see "bent tip" and "blunt tip" categories. You want to look at the blunt tip bulbs.

Gloria

Try:

After it loads scroll down to the "Incandescent Light Bulbs" listing and click on B. You should see a picture of your bulb in the list that comes up. Most of the bulbs in the B list are described as *torpedo* tipped.

A couple of the bulbs in the list are described as "decorative candelabra". I suppose you could say that torpedo tipped bulbs are blunt compared to C type bulbs. I'm sure the layman's description of any type of bulb depends upon what its manufacturer decided to call it.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

That should have been CA type :)