Answer, Refrigerator Kenmore Not working

Page 3 of 3

Get a room.
BB
Aw fuck bill it was all settled and now you started it all up again.
You have some severe emotional issues, don't you sammy? I'm impressed.

Part 2204307, $52.99 http://www3.sears.com/

Part 2206036, $74.49. http://www3.sears.com/
$182.52 for labor and tax.

Ed wrote:

The van & gas, the costs to keep the van stocked, the tools, the training and certifications, the dispatcher and accounts payable/receivable, the office equipment, the workmans' comp. and medical plan, liability insurance...
these were all free.
%mod%

No, they were $182.52. I have been servicing appliances for 30 years. I could do 14 of those in 1 8-hour day. 14 X 182.52 = $2,555.28. If that's free, how much do you earn in 1 day?
Sear's didn't pay the retail prices I quoted. Their cost was a third or less. So you can beef up that $2,555.28 by the profit they made on the parts over their cost.
I buy my parts from a large national supplier. They once made the mistake of using old computer speadsheets for packing. They listed the parts by number and how much they paid for them. You wouldn't believe it.

14 a day at the customers home? I'm impressed as how fast you can drive between stops. 34 minutes per call including driving and repair time.
wrote in message

Yes, most work in 2 towns and I'm more familiar with the streets than the post office. Besides, even if it took 10 hours (it didn't) $2,555 + mark-up on parts is not free. That's really my point.
Ed wrote:

We might be talking past each other.
I think you're agreeing that the $182 (or the 14 X 182.52 = $2,555.28) didn't all go to just tax and labor, i.e. the serviceman's pocket.
My cost structure is not so easy to try to split as strictly parts, labor, and tax on a per-job basis. Averaged over the year, I'd say my part of the operation doesn't move anything like your $2555 in a day. Good on ya, then! Buying parts wholesale would no doubt increases that figure. However, we haven't been made aware how much went to "overhead"... that's your business, not ours.
Did your van have "warp drive" to allow you to perform two 30-minute in-home diagnose/repair jobs per hour? ;-)
%mod%

That's not mine, it's Sears.

No, but at Sears prices all of the service tech should be driving Lincoln Navigators and have second home on the coast somewhere.
Me, I don't work that much now, self-employed and just do 3 or 4 calls each morning. At the peak I was leaving the house at 7:30AM and at my first call by 8:AM. Average call was 20 minutes. That's 4.67 hours in-house and 3.33 hours driving. That's 14 calls per 8 hour day excluding travel to first job and home again.