Another wind-chill question.

Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10 degrees below absolute zero?

I better wear my long underwear just in case....

Reply to
philo

Luckily, there won't be any wind chill at absolute zero.

Should I picture you with long underwear beneath your clothing, or you just standing there in longjohns?

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

You don't need long underwear, you just need this:

DerbyDad03

Actually I don't wear them, I can usually handle the cold OK

Reply to
philo

Absolute zero is -459 F (-273 C, 0 Kelvin). You'd be frozen solid in seconds no matter how many pairs of long underwear you have on.

Reply to
willshak

You'd probably see me trying to buy bails of straw or hey to put around my treiler.

All this joking and Kelvin around.... I'd have to know if your underwear are dry or wet. Depends.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No need to go out then, my car probably won't start anyway.

Reply to
philo

It's never been achieved but we've come close..."Certain gases have been cooled to about one nanoKelvin, or about one one-billionth of a degree above absolute zero".

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Prolly you shouldn't stick your tongue on it.

Reply to
philo

Now I'm confused is he wearing Depends? "

Reply to
David L. Martel

Might, if you had deep space blended gasoline.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

But, did the pipes freeze? That's what I want to know.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

...and are they wet or dry?

Reply to
krw

Not necessary when it's freezing out.

Reply to
philo

Remember to shut the trap door.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I've not run the numbers but @ absolute zero there would be no wind.

Reply to
NotMe

ANd absolutely no motion because absolute zero is where all molecular motion stops - meaning there is no energy??

Reply to
clare

That's right, I almost forgot...I have a 6000 gallon tank in my back yard!

Reply to
philo

Little snow pellets of frozen argon, blowing along. Red alcohol thermometer frozen solid in the bottom of the tube.

Spaceman Bob comes along in his astronaut suit. And right behind him is Weather Bill, standing there without a hat, holding a microphone in one hand, ear bud in the other. "Yes, Janet, it is cold out here. We recomend you stay in the space station if you can, and wear your long johns if you plan to be out in this absolute zero...."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

But, the class need to know if it's stabilized?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon