Another Whole Humidifier question...

Hi, I've noticed the previous posts on whole house humidifiers. We just bought a house and it has one installed on the return. It is a Lasko 900L. It has a 6" round duct connecting to the plenum. There appears to be some kind of humidistat mounted on the return above the unit. It has obviously not been run or maintained for awhile. I want a new one. From the past posts (?) it seems an Aprilaire is the way to go. Can this old unit be replaced? Thanks, Jeff
This doesn't answer your question, but I can say I had an AprilAire that "worked" but was not effective. My heating system was a bit too strong for the house size, or just on the powerful side, and the house was well insulated, and the heater never ran long enough at a time for the humidifier to be worthwhile. I definitely would have had to run the blower when the heat wasn't on for it to have added humidity, and in that case I never would have needed the humidistat. Try to decide whether this is why the old humidifier was allowed to go into disrepair. -B

bought
has
of
been
I was told that they couldn't find "pads" for it so stopped using it.

this
Aprilaire bypass units use a 6 inch duct...so yes...it can be simply, but then, any of them can be...

bought
has
of
been
Yep, I've done a bunch of humidifier replacements. Might also be repairable. A good HVAC installer oughta be able to take out the old one, duct in a new one, cover any excess hole with sheet metal, and you're good to go. One of my fellow HVAC technicians can help.
--
Christopher a. Young
Learn more about Jesus