Another use for a chainsaw

As a bayonet.

If your AR-15 is not scary-looking enough, you can get this snap-on attachment.

Goalie mask optional.

Reply to
HeyBub

What model AR-15 should I get before January? I have a limited budget.

I'll opt-out for the mask and saw.

Reply to
Oren

But what model AR-15? I have some money under the mattress and want to spend it wisely. Limited, but I want the best bang for my money.

Reply to
Oren

Don't matter. Stock up before they ban ALL of it.

Steve, who does not think this is a ludicrous idea any more.

Reply to
SteveB

That's easy: Get an AR15 "Lower" (about $185). Here's why:

  1. There's a (hidden)federal tax on firearms and works much like a VAT. By federal law, the "lower" is considered the firearm itself - it's the part with the serial number. So, you pay the 7.5% tax on only the smallest part. You can then finish out the weapon with non-taxable parts. If, however, you buy a complete weapon, you'll pay the tax on an 00 rifle.
  2. With only the "lower," you can mix and match the remaining parts - top quality, low quality, domestic, foreign, cast, milled, steel, magnesium alloy, whatever, various options (like folding stock, collapsing stock, etc.) at your leisure.

I suspect, if the new administration does anything, they'll ban high-capacity magazines first because it's easier to define what constitutes a high-capacity magazine. So, I'd put those high on my list.

Aside: Invitation: Visit the "tx.guns" newsgroup. Interesting discussions on the laws, usage, and other items connected with crime.

Reply to
HeyBub

If you have to ask, you wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

Reply to
SteveB

Reply to
Just a citizen . . .

I agree. I've got one. You can fill it with mud and it'll still work - field-strip it in ten seconds. An AK47 can be had for $200.

But some people insist on "buying American..."

Reply to
HeyBub