Another Toilet Question

I have one that sometimes doesn't fill up; in fact, it will hold only about 2 inches of water and just keep running. Any ideas? Pat
Patscga wrote:

Can you say bad flapper valve?
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:59:04 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

"Fad vlapper falve."
Hmm. I guess I can't.
Ownie eef eye'm thober.
--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:36:52 -0500, "*CBHVAC*"
How about " flad bapper vlave." joevalve.

Or bad seat for the flapper
Charlie

Charlie Bress wrote:

It could also be hanging up by the lift mechanism as well.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Yes, I just said it. Now what do I do? Pat
Patscga wrote:

replace it....
Patscga wrote:

First make sure it is not hanging up on something, and if not, replace it.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
When the chain or whatever is loose, with the flush handle not being pushed, the chain should just barely have some slack, so that it doesn't have a chance of laying down on the flapper seat.