Another stupid question!

First, thanks to all about my question drilling through carpet. Since I could only try one idea, I cut a small x in the carpet first, and proceeded to drill. It worked out fine.
Now for another stupid question.
I was cleaning my lights in the eat in kitchen. It's one of these fixtures that has 3 bulbs, with 3 glass globes around the bulbs. As I removed the bulbs to clean, a screw fell out from the socket. I shut the power off to the lights, and put the screw back in. I noticed the screw was brass, I believe it was anyways. The other 2 sockets were loose, so I tightened up the one. And, uh oh, the third one didn't have a screw in it. The only screws I have around the house, are whatever a typical metal screw is made of. I found one that was a standard machine screw, size #6, 32 teeth per inch, 3/8" long. It's the right size, but, will this conduct the heat differently than a brass screw? Must I use brass? Do you think there could be a danger by using a metal other than brass? I could just leave the screw out, but the socket kind of dangles inside the globe.
Thanks again!

Metal is metal. Snug it up.

so what...

Some pairs of different metals can mean something when there is water and the possibility of a chemical reaction, but not here.