another shed project question

I have my shed almost finished.....I poured slab, then one row of concrete blocks, and then built shed....It rained quite a bit last night and I noticed some wetness at the mortar joint between slab and concrete blocks in a couple of places along one wall only. the top of the slab is at least 4 inches above grade. I guess water is passing through mortar.......Do I need to seal mortar joints somehow? any advise appreciated...
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 30, 1:41 pm, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Brush a couple of coats of cementitious waterproofing, such as Thoroseal, on the outside of the block and lapping it onto the concrete. It comes in gray/grey and white.
How much of a roof overhang do you have on the shed?
✖
The roof overhang is about 10 inches.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 30, 2:05 pm, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

That's reasonable for a shed. I was asking because I've seen quite a few sheds where there is no overhang and the lower parts of the building take a bigger beating from the weather over the years - they rot more quickly.
✖
RicodJour wrote:

Does that stuff stay flexible? I'm still having a problem with water going under the block and mud and into the crawl space slab under the house. Hydraulic Cement didn't work after a couple warm/cold cycles.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:41:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Block walls are not waterproof. You can trowel stucco over it or you can paint it with a sealer.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:41:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

There are products specifically for concrete. I used a white sealer that contains both rubber and concrete to paint my basement poured walls. Either at Lowes or Borg. For cracks there is a caulk specific for concrete.
Add pictures here
✖
Phisherman wrote:

and use the products on the OUTSIDE not the inside. don't want moisture trapped inside the block.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel