another refrigerator question

I'm thinking about keeping the old refrigerator. That would mean replacing the tubing from the sink to the frig, which I not up for ... or plugging the tubes and putting ice into the icemaker manually ...

Is there a cutoff or a plug for the quarter inch tubing? I think the tubing is stiff from age but it's been there about 6 years, too soon for oxidation, if that's what you call it?

Reply to
cat rancher

Not sure if this is what you mean, but you can go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get a cheap kit, with proper tubing, fittings , etc to replace the water tubing. It is called an icemaker tubing kit or something like that.

I was able to do it, thus I know you could......... hee heeehee hee..

Good luck.

--James--

Reply to
James

You mean plugging the tube at the original feed? Is there a saddle valve at the main line? If so, just shut it off. Is the tubing copper or plastic? If copper you can pinch the end and solder it closed. If it is plastic, I'd not trust anything long term.

Or did you mean plugging the tubing on the fridge? If so, it is not necessary to plug it as the water valve will keep it sealed.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski