another refridgerator question

Whirlpool side-by-side, approx. 9 years old. Freezer works fine, except icemaker refuses to cooperate. Fridge has troubble staying at 8 C when new food in larger quantity is being added. Even 12 hours later still at 10 C, which my dogs started to love, as they have been feasting on all questionable items. Coils underneath are as clean as possible, vents in adjoining wall are kept free of obstructions. Sometimes vents have icepieces stuck on them, especially the top one. This problem startered about 10 days ago. Since then, my secondary fridge came back in service really fast for anything delicate. Is there anything else, I can try before calling the service? Or need I consider buying a new fridge? I hope there is a simple answer. Thanks. IS

This is Turtle.
Sounds like you have a defrost problem or even a freon related problem but there is one things you can check and that is to lift the arm on the ice maker to turn it off or even unplug the ice maker and see if it is the defrost heater in the ice bowl staying on to slow the refrigerator down. Now you can also unscrew the light bulbs in the refrigerator to see that it is not the lites staying on to stop the refrigerator. A 40 watt lite bulb can out run a refrigerator in most cases.
But Do call a repair person to look at it.
TURTLE
I thought of two possible problems. Defrost trouble, or maybe a weak evaporator fan. Well, three, maybe low on freon. But if it were low on freon, the freezer would be warming up.
Yes, it sounds simple.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus