another layer of poly

I refinished my pine kitchen floor with oil based poly and there were a couple of places which I would like to smooth out. It has been a couple of months so my plan is to sand the areas lightly, clean up with mineral spirits, allow to dry thoroughly and then put down one more coat.
See any problems?
BTW- I will never ever use water based poly for a kitchen floor ever again. I used oil based in other areas of the house many years earlier than the water (as it was not available) and they are still holding up). So much for going green.
GA

You are doing the whole floor right , a patch will really stand out and be noticed. Id use denatured alcohol to be sure all grease- oils are removed. Dont use alcohol on water base finishes. Alcohol cuts grease better than thinner. Kitchens are hard on floors a few extra coats never hurts
ransley wrote:

Yes, whole floor. Would you use the alcohol before or after light sanding?
GA