Another Kenmore Dryer won't start question

Hi,
hopefully someone can diagnose this problem. My Kenmore electric dryer won't start sometimes.
Last week when my wife tried to start it, the dryer hummed but would not start. After trying a few times to start it, it looks like something trips and the hum goes away when you pressed the start button and it still would not start.
I thought it might be a dead motor, so I took the dryer apart, pulled the motor out and tested it. When I applied power to the motor it started fine. So I cleaned the inside of the dryer and put it back together again. I then tried it and it worked so I thought the problem was fixed.
Wrong, every now and then the dryer will not work. If you press the start button, there is a hum. Press and hold the start button and something blows, the hum goes away and the dryer is still dead. Wait a half hour and push the start button and the hum is back. Wait another few minutes and miraculously it will work. I thought the drum might be jammed but I can turn it. I can't find a pattern.
Any ideas?
Thanks

How old is your house? We had a similar problem. The dryer was under warranty and the repair guy could not find the problem. I pulled new wiring from the breaker box and have not had another problem.
Dick
checkout: http://www.cheapapplianceparts.com/dryer_repair.htm
There's a link about a third of the way down that talks about "motor trys to start - makes a buzzing noise"
They list a few things to check but say that the most likely the motor is defective. I imaging you could take the motor to a shop to get it tested??
Hope that helps.
Richard Thoms
snipped-for-privacy@rbc.com wrote:

Hi,
Kenmore is made by severla different companies...model#?

Out of the dryer with the belt off is fairly easy for the dryer to start...in the machine, belt on, clothes weighing the drum down is a different story.
http://www.applianceaid.com/wp-motors.html