Another Harbor Freight Coupon 20% off any item 5/22-5/25

http://tinyurl.com/pd3vyf
- or -
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayCoupon.do?week !09&campaign=RetailC&page!09_retailC.html&rH00_42005&custx080262025&keycode00
On 05/22/09 11:08 pm Red Green wrote:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayCoupon.do?week !09&campaign=RetailC&page!09_retailC.html&rH00_42005&custx080262025&keycode00 I am wondering how it is that so many people are apparently able to use the same coupon -- at least were able to use last week's coupon, it appears. The part of the bar-coded number between the dash and the "0000" corresponds to the customer ID that appears as part of the URL. Surely this should be unique, and the wording on the coupon says it is non-transferable and "may not be duplicated in any manner including photocopies and computer printouts."
Is HFT's POS system incapable of determining that a coupon with a specific customer ID has been used more than once?
Yes, I can change the number in the URL and generate a coupon with a different bar code, but there's no guarantee that somebody hasn't already used a coupon with that new customer ID. It's also possible that only certain numbers are valid.
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

It's also possible they don't care. They just want to get people into the store, where they will buy more than they planned, just like I did on the last one.

Coupons draw people in and get them to spend spend spend.
They dont care, since its a discount at the time of sale

I too doubt they care. Those come to my email since I signed up using my "junk" email account. If you sign up to receive their emails you'll get all the flyers and additional non-snail mailed things like the 20% coupons.
I just thought I'd post only a couple for now so sign up if you're interested in getting them in the future.
Red Green wrote:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayCoupon.do?week !09&campaign=RetailC&page!09_retailC.html&rH00_42005&custx080262025&keycode00
Seems to be some confusion. The banner headline says:
"Coupon valid 5/22/09 thru 5/25/09"
The coupon itself says:
"Offer valid 6/11/09 thru 6/17/09"
According to my calendar, nothing of note is celebrated 6/11 thru 6/17. Father's Day is 6/21.
I'm off to have a lie-down.

Thanks. I was looking for one..
Red Green wrote:

Click here:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayCoupon.do?week !09&campaign=RetailC&page!09_retailC.html&rH00_42005&custx080262025&keycode00
Doesn't make any difference, though. I took the coupon to HF on Saturday, showed and them the full-page print.
Muttering something about 'dope-smoking hippies in the IT department...' the manager entered the coupon and the local computer accepted it.