Another Frustrating Cat Question

Someone in my area has a cat that keeps urinating on the brass kick plate of my front door. The smell is horrible, not to mention it looks awful.

This happens about once a week.

Can anyone tell me how to discourage the cat from urinating on the plate?

I don't know who owns this animal, and even if I did, I doubt the problem would be resolved/ I am thinking there must be some type of spray, etc., that I can use that won't be harmful to the cat.

Many thanks!

Kate

Reply to
Corinne

What you need to do is fight back with some dog piss on your door. And fortunately for you, I happen to be a dealer of dog piss for just your kind of problem! PayPal me $25 (that will include shipping and insurance), and in return, I'll UPS you a sufficient quantity for one good pissing treatment.

-- (||) Nehmo (||)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cor> Someone in my area has a cat that keeps urinating on the brass kick

Reply to
Nehmo

All this talk about cats peeing sounds like just a bunch of f***in' trolls, but what the 'ell...

110VAC -- one lead attached to the brass plate, the other attached to a metal door mat...
Reply to
Grumman-581

Cats are smarter than that, they would not bother with a troll's door.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Put a bird out there. It will distract the cat.

Reply to
Toller

go into any pet store and ask for any product to prevent spraying. google feliway

Reply to
JMagerl

Just black wire to the kick plate. The door step is grounded enough to be a neutral.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe someone on the kitty group will have an answer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Have you tried Bitter Apple spray? You won't smell anything but the cat will. It is used to repel cats from plants. Or put some orange peels (won't look nice) near the spot. Cats don't like citrus smell.

Winnie

Reply to
W. Leong

Maybe try spraying some Feliway on the door.

Reply to
Dan M

Sorry to hear this, I have a stray that pisses on my neighbors house. Yeah I know it's not my house, but I can smell it, and it bothers me. I've used citrus scented oils to keep strays from my house. Try a citrinal oil in a spray bottle.

Good luck on your adventures, the citrus smelling stuff worked for us, but might not for you.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

Reply to
Corinne

Thanks, and I didn't feel this was the proper place to vent, but lurk/post here often and thought someone may have a solution.

I will go there.

Storm> Maybe someone on the kitty group will have an answer.

Reply to
Corinne

Winnie,

Thanks so much for this >

Reply to
Corinne

Thank you Tom. I appreciate your advice. Another lady on this site told me to use orange peels, so the citrus thing must work.

I am definitely going to try it.

Tom The Great wrote:

Reply to
Corinne

Fido-Shock

One time, and the cat will never walk on your side of the street again. It will not harm the cat.

Permanently harm, I meant to say.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Vinegar works for taking away smell pretty well, then sprinkle ground black pepper around. This has worked well for me inside. You need to sprinkle pepper about once every three days. I have also used orange peel to good effect, but it has to be fresh.

Cantate

Reply to
Cantate

I think that's the best thing to try also. After thoroughly cleaning it with an enzyme cleaner. I don't think it's enough to spray a repellant there, I just doubt there's anything to really deter them from marking if they want to, and are repeat offenders on the same spot. Unless you can reduce the *desire* to mark. . Phermones are supposed to do that. Phewwww! ICat spray at the front door would be an awful odor. Particuarly if it's warm there. Good luck.

Sherry

Reply to
sriddles

Put out a bowl of water with antifreeze in it. Another bowl of sponge pieces soaked in bacon grease will also help.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

It is hot - 94 degrees today.

Someone told me to put some red pepper flakes on the doorsill, which is non-toxic to cats. I did this three days ago, and so far so good.

It does not look that nice, but maybe the cat will eventually give up.

Many thanks.

Corinne

'' snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
Reply to