Another Frustrating Cat Question

Page 1 of 2
Someone in my area has a cat that keeps urinating on the brass kick plate of my front door. The smell is horrible, not to mention it looks awful.
This happens about once a week.
Can anyone tell me how to discourage the cat from urinating on the plate?
I don't know who owns this animal, and even if I did, I doubt the problem would be resolved/ I am thinking there must be some type of spray, etc., that I can use that won't be harmful to the cat.
Many thanks!
Kate
What you need to do is fight back with some dog piss on your door. And fortunately for you, I happen to be a dealer of dog piss for just your kind of problem! PayPal me $25 (that will include shipping and insurance), and in return, I'll UPS you a sufficient quantity for one good pissing treatment.
-- (||) Nehmo (||) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Corinne wrote:

All this talk about cats peeing sounds like just a bunch of fuckin' trolls, but what the 'ell...
110VAC -- one lead attached to the brass plate, the other attached to a metal door mat...
Just black wire to the kick plate. The door step is grounded enough to be a neutral.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Corinne wrote:

Cats are smarter than that, they would not bother with a troll's door.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Put a bird out there. It will distract the cat.
go into any pet store and ask for any product to prevent spraying. google feliway

Thank you. I had not thought of this.
JMagerl wrote:

Fido-Shock
One time, and the cat will never walk on your side of the street again. It will not harm the cat.
Permanently harm, I meant to say.
Steve
Maybe someone on the kitty group will have an answer.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Have you tried Bitter Apple spray? You won't smell anything but the cat will. It is used to repel cats from plants. Or put some orange peels (won't look nice) near the spot. Cats don't like citrus smell.
Winnie

Winnie,
Thanks so much for this info. I am on my way to get some oranges.
W. Leong wrote:

Vinegar works for taking away smell pretty well, then sprinkle ground black pepper around. This has worked well for me inside. You need to sprinkle pepper about once every three days. I have also used orange peel to good effect, but it has to be fresh.
Cantate

Not always why cats like it they roll in the febrezze spray when I spray it I down
On Tue, 16 May 2006 14:32:40 +0000, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Maybe try spraying some Feliway on the door.
Dan M wrote:

I think that's the best thing to try also. After thoroughly cleaning it with an enzyme cleaner. I don't think it's enough to spray a repellant there, I just doubt there's anything to really deter them from marking if they want to, and are repeat offenders on the same spot. Unless you can reduce the *desire* to mark. . Phermones are supposed to do that. Phewwww! ICat spray at the front door would be an awful odor. Particuarly if it's warm there. Good luck.
Sherry
It is hot - 94 degrees today.
Someone told me to put some red pepper flakes on the doorsill, which is non-toxic to cats. I did this three days ago, and so far so good.
It does not look that nice, but maybe the cat will eventually give up.
Many thanks.
Corinne
'' snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks, and I didn't feel this was the proper place to vent, but lurk/post here often and thought someone may have a solution.
I will go there.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sorry to hear this, I have a stray that pisses on my neighbors house. Yeah I know it's not my house, but I can smell it, and it bothers me. I've used citrus scented oils to keep strays from my house. Try a citrinal oil in a spray bottle.
Good luck on your adventures, the citrus smelling stuff worked for us, but might not for you.
later,
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com
Thank you Tom. I appreciate your advice. Another lady on this site told me to use orange peels, so the citrus thing must work.
I am definitely going to try it.