Another dryer vent question

The current dryer venting hose goes into the vent in the wall. I've had some trouble removing the existing hose to replace...any suggestions on how to remove this without having to tear out the vent from the wall?
Acquirer wrote:

Look for screws or tape or a clamp. Screws should not be used for dryer vents, but they are.
Could you provide a more detailed description? Maybe if we understand better what the problem is, we may be able to provide better help.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math