Another broken garage door....

Not sure what brand it is.
But yesterday it started opening only half way up and I couldnt get my car out!
I thought the manual string pull looked like it was caught up and tangled in the motor - as there doesnt seem to be friction with the door sliding down...
then when I finally close it, the door immediately goes up again. Which is scary given tools and bikes etc are in the garage.
Easy fix or serviceman time?

It might be binding somewhere. Do a thorough visual inspection and lubrication.
ODB wrote:

I'd conclude that if you're not perceptive enough to locate a name or model number on the opener you'd not have the ability to fix anything about it yourself.
you can get a respectable opener purchased and installed by Sears for only about $225 in most places. I suggest you do so and keep your own hands off it.....so you can keep your hands.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)