Another Bath Remodel

Questions:

1) Has anyone used plastic ceiling tiles (look like old tin ceiling) in a bathroom? Any problem?

2) I am putting in an acrylic tub and surround.

a. Where the gypsum overlays the flange of the surround, what is the detail of the transition? Any tricks?

b. Will be putting in a tile floor, no tile on any walls. What is the proper transition for the bottom edge of the tub? I will be putting in the tub before the floor. (Tub over tile or tile butts tub?) (Bullnose against tub?)

I have good skills and I've put in a utility half-bath, but this is the one that has to look good. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

-tg

Reply to
tgdenning

If you fill the backs of the tiles completely with adhesive/compound when adhering to your greenboard there should be no problem. Leaving air spaces might be an invitation for mold growth.

Use a line of masking tape on the surround and mud it in to follow the line of the greenboard. The tape will keep the surround looking neat..

Look at some new construction to see what is common in your area. Locally we see tile butted up to the tub. Another place to use masking tape as you work as acrylics are easily scratched. Enjoy your project.

Joe

Reply to
Joe